Friday, March 21, 2008

Injury Tally

So, let's talk about workplace injuries. I am a teacher. This is not a profession that people think of as "dangerous." My dad is an electrician at a paper mill. That's a dangerous job. Two days ago his face got burned by steam that exploded out of a pipe.

As a teacher, I have had multiple injuries. I realize that teachers are not supposed to get hurt all that often, but I'm clumsy and have had some very dangerous students.

Since I started student teaching in 2004, I have had:

1. a dislocated shoulder
2. a pencil stab to my cheek
3. a choking
4. a death threat with easy to follow instructions
5. a broken nose
6. several head traumas
7. one bite with many more bite attempts
8. a giant scratch on my neck (current)
9. toy hammer thrown at my chest hard enough to make it sore for the past three days

Therefore, teaching is dangerous. Frankly, I would prefer my children go into law enforcement than teaching.

1 comment:

Ashley S. said...

That'll teach you to spend four years teaching creeps under the age of 5. Is your dad ok?