Sunday, July 19, 2009

All the Best Things Happen in July

Except, of course, for this horrible class I am taking. I admit that I already have a lack of interest and esteem for liberal arts, but this class is taking things to a new level. Sub-basement. It is a sociology course that might have been interesting to me at some point in my life, but that time is not now. It's so bad that if the school said I could just get a C and not go back, I would take the deal. Side-note, I've never ever had a C. Ever. Not even in handwriting or PE.

***********************************************************

My grandmother had carpal tunnel surgery of Friday, so my mom is staying at Mamaw's house for a while to help her out. I think Mamaw thought that she would be very limited in what she would be able to do, but she is SO not limited. She can use her right hand for almost every task she would need to for a short amount of time. She is, however, still milking it a little by having my mom bring her coffee and serving her food. She also inexplicably forgot how to change the channel on her TV yesterday, forcing us to watch several minutes of Care Bears. We could not change the channel because Mama was helping me install Mamaw's new blinds. It took three separate drills, lots of different screws, and some ingenuity, but we got it done eventually.

************************************************************

I would like to write more, but I have a test tomorrow, and I have a bit more reading to do. And I'm watching HawthoRNe on TNT. As someone who is in nursing school and knows a little bit about a nurse's responsibilities and limitations, I can't help but point out occasionally that "a nurse would never do that" or "nurses don't call time of death," but it's still a pretty good show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the "meez" thing is a little creepy...it just stares and breathes...also, happy late birthday.